'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

Thursday 26 July 2012

Strange Fruit

Ah! These strange fruit tell such stories - of passion and poison, temptation and tears, seeds, snakes and stars; of Persephone, Snow White and Eve; the nameless Handless Maiden and the King's pear garden... Please take a bite and be transformed, your decision may have dire consequences but it will certainly change your life - with knowledge, love and even death...

This is a mini exhibition running alongside my gallery's Summer show, welcoming in the first fruits of the autumn to come. Something inspired by some paintings I was doing and the work of some of our wonderful artists...


P is for Pomegranate (c) Sarah Booth

Pink Pom (c) Sarah Booth

Pink Pom (c) Sarah Booth

Strange Fruit Triptych (c) Amber Caspian, 2012

Golden Pear (c) Amber Caspian, 2011


James and The Giant Peach  (c) Celeste Copping  
Not the most cohesive show I've done to date, more the germ of an idea ripening slowly, so I added some flower lamps and glass flowers into the mix to fill the space.  However, it is a project I intend to continue myself and hope to exhibit...

No comments:

Post a Comment