'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

Monday 25 June 2012

Fairy Lights, Table, Action!

My studio is ready! 


I love that it arrived at Beltaine, the quickening time, 
just as the trees turned green and the cow parsley began lacing the roads...

...and all the basics were sorted out by Midsummer, the fruitful season, 
when the dog roses are in bloom and the bright red poppies in flower.  

Just makes it feel magical and that my creativity is growing
with the year and the plants.

I've planted the outside with honeysuckle, clematis and climbing roses that should all grow up and cover the roof in twirls and twines and flowers...

... As well as three chairs, it now proudly boasts a carpet, trunk and table plus electricity!


I'm amazed already at how inspired I have been while creating this sacred space! Several drawings and stories emerged over the last couple of months, quickly followed by ideas for paintings.  So I wasn't all surprised that when I at last got to work in the studio I didn't know which to do first... 
© Amber Caspian, 2012

© Amber Caspian, 2012

... so in the end I started four paintings!

I'm really excited and grateful to have this little corner of the world in which to paint.  


No comments:

Post a Comment