'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

Friday 24 May 2013

Away with the Faeries...

Having recently been accused of being 'away with the faeries', so I took particular pleasure in doing just that last week...


I went away with a group of wonderful and inspiring people to Lough Arrow, Co. Sligo, Ireland. A time to breathe, heal and come back to myself while wandering in the wild places...



Walking the sacred land in wind, rain, sun and even hail...




To huddle in cairns and caves while wondering if I could fly...




...to dream of the Morrigan...



...and be lost in the mists of time...



...to hear the stories of the Tuatha de Danan and the Battle of Moytura...




...of Duirmuid and Grainne...



...to feel the Gille's tears of grief fall upon us at Lough Gill...



.
..and meet Queen Maeve at the very top of the world...

2 comments:

  1. wonderful photographs help me fly back

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, your photographs are gorgeous! each and every one mixed with your words is such a joy to see and touches something deep in my heart. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete