'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

Friday 29 July 2011

Creativity Unhindered


Great joy! Since my last post I've taken the lid off the well and a positive overflow of creativity has erupted from deep within! The feeling is amazing and it's the way I want to live always (does the waggle dance around the room).

Someone said to me recently that, when you are blocked creatively the best way to get through it is to make something for someone other than yourself. So here is an image of a 'Spirit Horse' I drew for my friend Janet, a wonderful woman who takes groups of women on Moon Journeys to the Arctic and the Outer Hebrides (more on that in a future post) and loves horses and drums.

Spirit Horse (c) Amber Caspian, 2011

We ride our spirit horse when we journey on the heartbeat of a drum deep into our subconscious, galloping on the rhythm like pounding hooves upon the sweet loamy soil of our souls.

3 comments:

  1. Every time I return to this. I am reminded of such sensuality. I have an extraordinary experience of smell ~ a sense that I don't usually have upon seeing a picture. Truly magical. And those eye lashes! I sense a depth and journey in the minimism of the drawing which echos the balance of such power and weight as she dances. So uplifting. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silver Fox! Also for being the first to comment on my blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o) I felt I had so much to say I got tongue tied till I got the nudge and thought I'd post several comments and not try to squeeze into one!

    ReplyDelete