'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

'The Tanglewood' by Amber Caspian

Thursday 4 August 2011

Goddess Cycle Poems


A number of years ago I celebrated the wheel of the year by writing poems about the Goddess as she changes with each festival. The idea was to have images to go with them; I have done a few but by no means all so they will appear as and when. These things cannot be forced!


I immersed myself in books on folklore, a huge passion of mine, but mainly tried to describe my own vision of her; brought to life as a tangible being who one could actually meet.  Describing Her through words She might speak when presiding over a village’s celebrations.  I also wanted to give a sense of the season, the changes She goes through, Her relationship with the God and all the themes that come from that, as well as the dark and the light aspects.


A couple of years later I did the same with the God, the same process of learning and envisioning.  I feel I did achieve what I set out to do at the time; in fact it proved to be a turning point for me in terms of my writing. Ten years on I probably would write very different poems, which is a very interesting thought!


Personally I don't believe that God/dess will manifest into physical form.  I see Her/Him as an essence, a metaphor, the feminine and the masculine principles that govern nature and us.  I believe in the God/dess within.


No comments:

Post a Comment